Last Updated: June 02, 2019
Thank you for visiting Ohio Immigrant Alliance!
I. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
There are three general categories of information we collect.
- Information You Give Us.
We collect information you share with us when you use the Ohio Immigrant Alliance Website.
- Account Information. When you sign up for an Ohio Immigrant Alliance Account, we may require certain information such as your name, email address, and date of birth.
- Profile Information. To use certain features within the Ohio Immigrant Alliance Website, we may also ask you to complete a profile, which may include your address, phone number, and gender. Certain parts of your profile (like your profile picture, first name, and description) are a part of your public profile page and will be publicly visible to others.
- Other Authentication-Related Information. To help create and maintain a trusted environment, we may collect identification (like a photo of your government-issued ID) or other authentication information. To learn more, see our Help Center article about providing identification on Ohio Immigrant Alliance.
- Payment Information. We collect your financial information (like your bank account or credit card information) when you use the Payment Services to make a donation or purchase something from the web store.
- Communications with Ohio Immigrant Alliance and other Users. When you communicate with Ohio Immigrant Alliance or use the Ohio Immigrant Alliance Website to communicate with other Users, we collect information about your communication and any information you choose to provide.
- Other Information. You may otherwise choose to provide us information when you fill in a form, conduct a search, update or add information to your Ohio Immigrant Alliance Account, respond to surveys, post to community forums, participate in promotions, or use other features of the Ohio Immigrant Alliance Website.
- Information We Automatically Collect from Your Use of the Ohio Immigrant Alliance Website.
When you use the Ohio Immigrant Alliance Website, we collect information about the services you use and how you use them.
- Usage Information. We collect information about your interactions with the Ohio Immigrant Alliance Website, such as the pages or other content you view, your searches for Listings, bookings you have made, and other actions on the Ohio Immigrant Alliance Website.
- Location Information. When you use certain features of the Ohio Immigrant Alliance Website, we may collect different types of information about your general location (e.g. IP address, zip code) or more specific location information (e.g. precise location from your mobile GPS). Most mobile devices allow you to control or disable the use of location services for applications in the device’s settings menu.
- Log Data. We automatically collect log information when you use the Ohio Immigrant Alliance Website, even if you have not created a Ohio Immigrant Alliance Account or logged in. That information includes, among other things: details about how you’ve used the Ohio Immigrant Alliance Website (including links to third party applications), IP address, access times, hardware and software information, device information, device event information (e.g., crashes, browser type), and the page you’ve viewed or engaged with before or after using the Ohio Immigrant Alliance Website.
- Transaction Information. We collect information related to your transactions on the Ohio Immigrant Alliance Website, including the date and time, amounts charged, and other related transaction details.
- Information We Collect from Third Parties.
We may collect information that others provide about you when they use the Ohio Immigrant Alliance Website or obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through the Ohio Immigrant Alliance Website.
- Background Information. For Users in the United States, to the extent permitted by applicable laws, Ohio Immigrant Alliance may obtain reports from public records of criminal convictions or sex offender registrations. For Users outside of the United States, to the extent permitted by applicable laws, Ohio Immigrant Alliance may obtain the local version of background or registered sex offender checks. We may use your information, including your full name and date of birth, to obtain such reports.
- Other Sources. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may receive additional information about you, such as demographic data or fraud detection information, from third party service providers and/or partners, and combine it with information we have about you. For example, we may receive background check results or fraud warnings from service providers like identity verification services for our fraud prevention and risk assessment efforts. We may receive information about you and your activities on and off the Ohio Immigrant Alliance Website through partnerships, or about your experiences and interactions from our partner ad networks.
II. HOW WE USE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use, store, and process information about you to provide, understand, improve, and develop the Ohio Immigrant Alliance Website, and to create and maintain a trusted and safer environment.
- Provide, Improve, and Develop the Ohio Immigrant Alliance Website.
- Enable you to access and use the Ohio Immigrant Alliance Website.
- Enable you to communicate with other Users.
- Operate, protect, improve and optimize the Ohio Immigrant Alliance Website and experience, such as by performing analytics and conducting research.
- Personalize or otherwise customize your experience by, among other things, ranking search results or showing ads based on your search, booking history, and preferences.
- Enable you to access and use the Payment Services.
- Provide customer service.
- Send you service or support messages, such as updates, security alerts, and account notifications.
- Create and Maintain a Trusted and Safer Environment.
- Detect and prevent fraud, spam, abuse, security incidents, and other harmful activity.
- Conduct investigations and risk assessments.
- Verify or authenticate information or identifications provided by you (such as to verify your Accommodation address or compare your identification photo to another photo you provide).
- Conduct checks against databases and other information sources.
- Comply with our legal obligations.
- Resolve any disputes with any of our users and enforce our agreements with third parties.
- Provide, Personalize, Measure, and Improve our Advertising and Marketing.
- Send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising, and other information that may be of interest to you based on your communication preferences (including information about Ohio Immigrant Alliance or partner campaigns and services).
- Personalize, measure, and improve advertising.
- Administer referral programs, rewards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by Ohio Immigrant Alliance or its third-party business partners.
III. SHARING & DISCLOSURE
- With Your Consent.
We may share your information at your direction or as described at the time of sharing, such as when you authorize a third-party application or website to access your Ohio Immigrant Alliance Account.
- Sharing between Users.
We don’t share your billing and payout information with other Users. If you have applied for volunteer opportunities or you are looking for volunteers, we may share your information to facilitate you finding an organization to volunteer with or a volunteer for your organization.
- Profiles, Listings, and other Public Information.
The Ohio Immigrant Alliance Website lets you publish information that is visible to the general public. For example:
- Parts of your public profile page, such as your first name, your description, and city, are publicly visible to others.
- Public profile pages are publicly visible.
- If you submit content in a public forum or social media post or use a similar feature on the Ohio Immigrant Alliance Website, that content is publicly visible.
Information you share publicly on the Ohio Immigrant Alliance Website may be indexed through third party search engines. In some cases, you may opt-out of this feature in your Account settings. If you change your settings or your public-facing content, these search engines may not update their databases. We do not control the practices of third-party search engines, and they may use caches containing your outdated information.
- Service Providers.
- Ohio Immigrant Alliance Payments.
Ohio Immigrant Alliance Payments may share your personal information to: (i) provide the Payment Services, (ii) facilitate your use of the Ohio Immigrant Alliance Website, and (iii) jointly market products or services to you with other financial third parties with whom Ohio Immigrant Alliance Payments has a formal agreement. You can unsubscribe or opt-out from receiving such marketing communications in your Account settings.
- Safety and Compliance with Law.
We will attempt to notify Users about these requests unless: (i) providing notice is prohibited by the legal process itself, by court order we receive, or by applicable law, or (ii) we believe that providing notice would be futile, ineffective, create a risk of injury or bodily harm to an individual or group, or create or increase a risk of fraud upon Ohio Immigrant Alliance’s property, its Users and the Website (collectively, “Risk Scenarios”). In instances where we comply with legal requests without notice for these reasons, we will attempt to notify that User about the request after the fact if we determine in good faith that we are no longer legally prohibited from doing so and that no Risk Scenarios apply.
- Disclosure to Your Organization.
If you have signed up on behalf of or linked your Ohio Immigrant Alliance Account with an Organization, we may disclose information related to the account to your Organization. Typically, this includes your name, uploaded content, and other related information. At the request of your Organization, we may also disclose this information to service providers engaged by it. In the event of a dispute, emergency, or similar situation involving a booking identified as being for business purposes, Ohio Immigrant Alliance may also share relevant information it believes is necessary to safely and quickly address the situation.
- Business Transfers.
- Aggregated Data.
We may also share aggregated information (information about our users that we combine together so that it no longer identifies or references an individual user) and non-personally identifiable information for industry and market analysis, demographic profiling, marketing and advertising, and other business purposes.
IV. OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- Analyzing your Communications.
We may review, scan, or analyze your communications on the Ohio Immigrant Alliance Website for fraud prevention, risk assessment, regulatory compliance, investigation, product development, research, and customer support purposes. For example, as part of our fraud prevention efforts, we scan and analyze messages to mask contact information and references to other websites. In some cases, we may also scan, review, or analyze messages to debug, improve, and expand product offerings. We use automated methods where reasonably possible.
However, occasionally we may need to manually review some communications, such as for fraud investigations and customer support, or to assess and improve the functionality of these automated tools. We will not review, scan, or analyze your communications to send third party marketing messages to you, and we will not sell reviews or analyses of these communications.
- Linking Third Party Accounts.
At this point you may not link your social media accounts to your Ohio Immigrant Alliance Account.
V. THIRD PARTY PARTNERS & INTEGRATIONS
The Ohio Immigrant Alliance Website may contain links to third party websites or services, such as third-party integrations, co-branded services, or third party-branded services (“Third Party Partners”). Ohio Immigrant Alliance doesn’t own or control these Third-Party Partners, and when you interact with them, you may be providing information directly to the Third-Party Partner, Ohio Immigrant Alliance, or both. These Third-Party Partners will have their own rules about the collection, use, and disclosure of information. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of the other websites you visit.
VI. YOUR CHOICES
- Access and Update.
You may review, update, or delete the information in your Ohio Immigrant Alliance Account by logging into your Ohio Immigrant Alliance Account and reviewing your Account settings and profile.
- Account Cancellation.
For information on how to cancel your Ohio Immigrant Alliance Account, please consult our Frequently Asked Questions/FAQ. Note that information that you have shared with others (like Reviews or forum postings) may continue to be publicly visible on the Ohio Immigrant Alliance Website in association with your first name, even after your Ohio Immigrant Alliance Account is cancelled.
VII. OPERATING GLOBALLY
Ohio Immigrant Alliance Payments will not share information it collects about you with their affiliates or third parties (both financial and non-financial), except as required or permitted by your state’s law.
We are continuously implementing and updating administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your information against unauthorized access, loss, destruction, or alteration. However, the Internet is not a 100% secure environment so we can’t guarantee the security of the transmission or storage of your information.